The primary mission of the Splendora ISD Transportation Department is to provide students with safe and secure transportation to and from school in a friendly environment that enhances the total learning process.
To accomplish this mission we will:
- Model courtesy, mutual respect, and understanding with students, parents and our colleagues
- Greet all who enter our environment with a smile, encouragement and a happy attitude
- Develop and improve communications with teachers, staff, parents, and students
- Ensure that our buses function at the highest possible levels of safety, cleanliness, and comfort for students and drivers
- Maintain professional conduct and appearance at all times for both students and the public
- Enhance the public’s perception of the Splendora ISD through excellence in transportation
Splendora ISD uses Transfinder (School Bus Routing Software) to create designated bus stops. Travel distances from the end of a student's driveway to the designated bus stop is 3/10 of a mile for elementary students and 5/10 of a mile for junior high and high school students. For time and cost purposes, we cannot travel every road in our district, so some designated bus stops may be further than the walk- to-stop criteria.
Anytime a bus travels a road twice, we try to design a bus stop to avoid students from crossing in front of the bus. Please be aware that students could arrive home sooner or board the bus at a later time; however, we do not want to deviate from this practice for our students' safety. We ask that all students be at their bus stop 5 minutes before the scheduled time to avoid missing the bus. Parents must assume responsibility for their students traveling back and forth from the designated bus stop. Inclement weather or traffic congestion may cause the route to run later than the regular time. If you have any questions or concerns, contact our department.