Capacity and Safety Guidelines for Athletic Events
Posted August 13, 2020
If you have any questions about the following guidelines or want to purchase a ticket, contact D'Anne Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-689-4310.
INDOOR SPORTS AND GYM TICKET SALES
- Splendora High School’s competition gym will hold 1000 spectators but at 50% we will only allow 500 to enter.
- Splendora High School’s auxiliary gym will hold 125 spectators and we will only allow 60 to enter.
- During District matches and regular-season games, we will be pre-selling tickets to parents and families for all contests.
- During all games, please understand that we will not allow anyone to enter once we meet our 50% capacity.
- If you have finished watching your child play, please leave the facility so others can watch if we are near our 50% capacity.
- Face masks must be worn into all UIL athletic events and must be worn during all matches and contests indoors. (See Executive Order GA-29.)
- Practice social distancing from other fans when possible.
FOOTBALL STADIUM AND TICKET SALES
Each school in the UIL 4A Conference, Division I, District 10 will have a pre-sale process for the visiting team for each varsity football contest. The pre-sale schedule and process for home spectators are at the discretion of each school.
The home school for each football contest is responsible for the following as the host school:
- Counting the spectators for both the home and visitor bleachers and ensuring that capacity is not exceeded on either side.
- All state executive orders (face coverings) and UIL/TEA capacity recommendations are adhered to, to ensure the safety of the spectators.
- Pre-sale tickets are factored into the capacity count prior to the contests, so pre-sale ticket holders are guaranteed admittance even if capacity is reached.
- District 10 is providing each member school 90 passes. Passes will guarantee the cardholder access to a pre-sell ticket. They will not guarantee admission as a walk-up spectator. Each member school will organize their own plan to ensure that cardholders get pre-sale tickets prior to the football contest.
Spectators on the home and visitors’ side that arrive at the contest without a pre-sale ticket are subject to admittance based on the 50% capacity calculation minus the number of pre-sell tickets sold. This calculation should help guarantee admittance to pre-sell ticket holders, even if the capacity limitations for that bleacher section has been reached.
Pre-sale tickets should be sold at the following prices - $6 for adults and $4 for students.
All schools should communicate and coordinate each week to share their pre-sale process, design of pre-sale tickets, and procedures to exchange currency collected for pre-sell tickets.
All other passes and IDs will not guarantee admittance to District 10 football contests for this season.
Game Ticket Prices
Football GamesVarsity Adult-$6 and Student-$4Sub-Varsity- Adult-$4, Student-$3Volleyball GamesAll tickets are Adult $4 and Student $3Basketball GamesAll tickets are Adult $4 and Student $3This year coach's passes, teacher identification cards, senior citizen discounts, and student athletic passes will not be allowed for entry.
Wildcat Athletic Report and other information
The 8A LadyCats defeated Livingston in three with scores of 23-25, 25-21, and 15-10. The LadyCats started slow but were able to gain momentum after KK Brewer and Morgan Duke led the team to a victory with serves. Kami Barrow helped KK Brewer hold down the back row defensively. Great win, girls!
LadyCat 8B volleyball traveled to Livingston and brought home a 25-23, 19-25, and 15-12 victory. The high point server was Carolyn Jiminez, and Shaylee Lane led the team defensively.
The LadyCats 7th grade A team lost to Livingston 9-25, 13-25. The player of the game was Lanie Kitchen.
The LadyCats 7th grade B team lost to Livingston 7-25 and 24-26. Despite a rough start, the girls fought hard in the second set but came up short. The player of the game was Masynn Sepanio.
The LadyCats will play their final game of the season against Hamshire-Fannett on 10/26 at home.
The LadyCats Volleyball teams swept the HJ Hawks last Friday night and swept the Liberty Panthers on Tuesday this week. With the win, the Varsity team locked in a 2nd place standing in District. The LadyCats will take on Livingston tonight @ Livingston to finish the regular season play.
The Wildcats and LadyCat Team Tennis ended up in 4th place after district play and their Bi-District match info is below.
The Fighting Wildcat Tennis will play their Bi-District match on Tuesday, October 27th.
Tennis Bi-District Playoff
Date: October 27, 2020
Team: Splendora vs LCM
Location: Barbers Hill High School
9696 Eagle Drive
Mont Belvieu, Tx 77523
Phone # 281-576-2221
This week our players ran very hard and we are getting ready for District. Some kids who have been running well didn’t run well this week, but some kids who haven’t been doing well did. One 8th grade boy placed first. Ready for district next week.
The VB and VG cross country teams competed at the Mud Dog Invitational in Magnolia on Oct 16th. Both teams came home with a 1st place finish. The top 5 finishers from each team were as followed...
We will return next week, running in Pasadena. This will be our last meet before District.
The JH teams fought hard but won 1 of 3 games.
7th- Lost 44-0
8A- Lost 26-0
The 9th-grade team was the only sub-varsity team to play this week because of a Covid issue with the JV team. The Freshman lost 34-0 last night. The Varsity team will kick off tonight at 7 pm in hopes of rebounding from last week's loss to Livingston.
WE SEE RED!!!!!!!!!