In Texas, public Pre-K is a compensatory program. The program is mandatory only for children that are considered to be “at risk” of not being successful in kindergarten, rather than a universal program open to all four-year-olds. Therefore, children and their parents or legal guardians must meet qualifying criteria set forth by the State of Texas.
- Child must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the school year.
- Child must meet immunization requirements by August of the school year. Further information regarding immunizations can be found here.
- Families must live within the Splendora Independent School District.
- Families must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NCLP) or in Head Start). Family income must fall within federal guidelines. Parent/Guardian must show proof of income with at least 3 current paycheck stubs. If currently in Head Start, the parent or guardian must provide the school district with a copy of a document (signed and dated) from the Head Start Program that certifies that the child is currently enrolled as a participant in the HSP.
- Limited English Proficiency
- Child has ever been in foster care:
- Guardian must provide a copy of the Court Order for State Conservator, or
- Letter of Pre-K Eligibility from Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
- Homeless (as defined by McKinney-Vento Act)
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces, mobilized Reservist, or member of the Texas National Guard, including the child of a member who was hurt or killed on active duty.
- Parent/Guardian must present a Department of Defense identification (such as a DoD photo ID), or a statement of service, or an official letter from a commander stating that he/she is on active duty or mobilized. Important: DoD ID card must not be copied.
- Child of a recipient of Star of Texas Award from the Office of the Governor.
For more information contact the District PEIMS office at 281-689-4432 or email your campus registrar. Click the link HERE for email addresses.
Students who are new to Splendora ISD, or are returning to Splendora ISD from another school district, will use the New Student Online Registration process. To determine which elementary campus your student will attend, click the Attendance Zone link under Documentation and Information.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Complete the online registration by choosing your option below.
- Campus personnel will contact you once your forms have been submitted.
Please choose the appropriate option below to begin the new student registration process.
OPTION 1: NEW SPLENDORA ISD FAMILY
- Use this option when your family is new to the District and does not have a Family Access login.
- The first step is to request a login account using a valid email address. You may obtain a free email account through services such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Google.
- Your login and password will be sent to this email address.
- The email will be sent from DoNotReply@splendoraisd.org. Be sure to add this email address to your valid email recipients to avoid it being affected by your spam filter.
- Begin here
OPTION 2: EXISTING FAMILY ACCESS USER
- After logging into Family Access, choose "New Student Online Enrollment".
- Begin here
DOCUMENTATION NEEDED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION
- Pre-Kindergarten Application (this document will be completed in Family Access)
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- Current immunization record
- Proof of eligibility (as listed above)
- Proof of residence in the district
- Driver’s License of the person enrolling student