- Students should report to Splendora Junior High School by 4:30 pm. Students should be dropped off at SJH (Entrance F) instead of driving due to limited parking. If students must drive themselves, they will need to park at Piney Woods Elementary in the permitted parking area.
- Students should not bring any valuables, including a purse, cell phone, etc.
- Faculty will serve as monitors and row sponsors.
- Students must attend mandatory graduation practice on Wednesday, May 25, 2022. Students should report to SHS at the regular 7:15 am start time.
- Proper Dress: Students should not wear their cap and gown to check in. They must carry it in by hand.
- SISD Dress Code applies to graduation
- Heels are not permitted as they can damage the turf. Flats, wedges, or sandals are acceptable.
- Dress nice. This is a BIG DEAL. If students need clothing assistance, please see a counselor.
- Early College students are not permitted to decorate stoles. Stoles must be worn as is. This also applies to graduation at Lone Star College on May 14.
- Unauthorized stoles, cords, etc. are not permitted to be worn at graduation.
- Caps may be decorated according to guidelines. All caps must be turned in to be approved by an assistant principal no later than May 19, 2022. Submit decorated caps to the AP's office for approval. Be sure your name and Student ID# are written on the inside. Leave tassels at home, so they are not lost.
Parking Permit Distribution
- Parking permits will be distributed to PARENTS/GUARDIANS ONLY on Monday, May 23, from 4:30-6 pm. Parents/guardians must be listed in Skyward to pick up permits.
- Parking permits will be distributed on the gym side of the high school. Parents are encouraged to park in the student or teacher parking lot and walk around to the gym doors. The front doors will not be an entrance for parking permit pick-up.
Click HERE to view Permitted Parking Map.
Each SENIOR PARENT will receive:
- Two (2) general parking permits - YELLOW
- If parents are in need of a handicap permit, one yellow permit will have to be switched to a handicap permit. These are very limited and are on an as-needed basis.
Non-Permitted parking will be at Big Rivers Adventure Park and shuttles to Wildcat Stadium will be provided. Shuttle services will begin at 5:00 pm and continue to run until one hour after the conclusion of graduation.
Student parking permits may be picked up from their Assistant Principal during graduation practice ONLY on Wednesday, May 25, 2022. Please make sure seniors are at school on Wednesday by 7:15 am.
- Students will exit the field through the back gates towards the designated student parking area (Piney Woods Elementary).
- Parents picking up graduates will enter through Entrance F (Splendora Junior High's main entrance). There will be an officer present at every entrance.
- Students are encouraged to attend Project Grad, which begins at 11 pm. Students attending the Project Grad event should have already signed up through the link provided.
- Students attending Project Grad have already been notified where to park after 10 pm.
- Shuttle buses will run throughout graduation and for approximately one hour after the conclusion of graduation.
- Visitors are encouraged to move expeditiously to the pickup area if they are riding a shuttle bus.
- Graduates will not be allowed to re-enter the stadium after they exit.
- Each parking area will have a designated exit route.
- Please adhere to the instructions given by officers to maintain safety, security, and efficiency.
In case of a weather-related event, senior parents will receive an email from the SHS Blackboard notification system providing updated details. Additionally, information will be posted on the Splendora High School website and all District and SHS campus social media accounts.